Meet with a professional librarian for one-on-one assistance with your research questions.
Typical Request Examples:
- Career exploration and resume assistance
- Industry and business research for entrepreneurs
- Current information about specific health conditions
- Nonprofit grant research
- School assignment research
- Legal research and referral
To request an appointment complete the form below. Check out the FAQ for answers to common questions.
How does the Book-a-Librarian service work?
- Who is eligible to make an appointment?
This service is available to individuals, organizations and businesses.
- Is there anything I can’t get help with?
We cannot offer advice (e.g., medical, legal, investment) except to advise users of reputable sources of evaluative information. Also, we cannot offer troubleshooting or maintenance help with personal computers or mobile devices.
- Do you offer help with job searches, resume assistance, and career support?
We are happy to show you how to use our career and job exploration resources, assist with basic resume creation and help you explore a variety of job search and professional networking web sites, as well as local resources. We can also make referrals to free or low cost local organizations that focus in these topics.
- Do you provide help with genealogy research?
We have a number of resources available at the Library and are happy to let you know about them to help you get started. More advanced genealogy questions should be directed to genealogy specialists.
- Who will be helping me?
We look at your appointment request and determine the best person on our staff to meet with you based on expertise and availability.
- How long will the appointment be?
Appointments usually last 30-60 minutes. If more time is needed you may schedule another appointment.
- How do I make an appointment?
Complete the form above with as much information as possible or call the Reference Desk at 541-617-7080. We will get in touch with you to confirm the appointment as soon as possible. Two to three days advance notice is preferred.
- I need to cancel my appointment. What’s the best way to do this?
No problem — just call the Reference Desk at 541-617-7080 as soon as you can. We can reschedule your appointment.
- Are there other ways to get help from a librarian?
Of course! You can always stop by any Deschutes Public Library location and go to the service desk to ask for assistance. You can also call us at 541-617-7080 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Page Last Modified Monday, September 25, 2017