A guide to library resources and other websites that can help students with assignments and homework.
- Biography in Context (middle and high school)
- A comprehensive database of biographical information on more than 180,000 people from throughout history,
around the world, and across all disciplines and subject areas.
- Gale in Context: Elementary (elementary)
- A multidisciplinary resource developed especially for beginning researchers in Kindergarten through Grade
- Gale In Context: Environmental Studies (high school)
- An online resource that offers authoritative content on the development of emerging green technologies and
discusses issues on the environment, sustainability, and more.
- Gale In Context: High School (high school)
- This premium resource covers all core curriculum areas, including history, literature, science, social studies,
- Gale In Context: Middle School (middle school)
- Age-appropriate videos, newspapers, magazines, primary sources, and much more for students working on assignments
in core subjects including literature, science, social studies, and history.
- Gale eBooks (middle and high school)
- The Virtual Reference Library is a multidisciplinary collection of encyclopedias, dictionaries, and other
specialized reference sources available to you from home, school or work.
- Learning Express Library (middle and high school)
- Access a comprehensive, interactive online learning platform of practice tests and tutorial courses.
- LitFinder (middle and high school)
- LitFinder provides access to a broad span of literary works and secondary-source materials covering world literature and authors throughout history.
- National Geographic Kids (elementary)
- Go on amazing adventures in science, nature, cultures, and space.
- Opposing Viewpoints in Context (middle and high school)
- The premier resource covering today’s hottest social issues, from Terrorism to Endangered Species, Stem Cell
Research to Gun Control.
- U.S. History in Context (middle and high school)
- A complete overview of U.S. history that covers the most-studied events, issues, and current information.
- Scholastic Teachables
- Scholastic Teachables offers printable activities for any subject: math, science, reading comprehension, STEM, writing, and beyond. Download printable lesson plans, reading passages, games and puzzles, clip art, bulletin board ideas, and skills sheets for kids in any grade.
- Fact Monster
- An entire almanac on-line, with statistics, facts, general knowledge, and more. Search by keyword or by general topic.
- The American Library Association's list of excellent sites for kids.
- The Oregon Encyclopedia
- A comprehensive and authoritative compendium of information about Oregon's history and culture.
Page Last Modified Friday, January 29, 2021