Career and Employment Resources
Your library offers a wealth of information to assist you in any stage of your career or job search.
Jump-start Your Job Search
- Get a Job Tip Sheet – print this essential information to get started.
- Job & Career Accelerator– Powerful tools and expert guidance to help you find a great job.
- Learning Express – take career or college online practice tests and brush up on basic
math, reading writing and computer skills with online tutorials.
- Gale Courses – Update old skills or learn new ones. Choose from hundreds of interactive,
instructor led 6 week online courses.
- Lynda.com – offers a variety of technology, business, and professional courses primarily through video tutorials raging from one to thirty minutes long.
- COIC Job Seeker Resources
- COIC helps job seekers of all ages and experience with a variety of job-seeking services, including education and training. Most services are available at no cost, although some eligibility requirements may apply. Virtual workshops on interviewing, soft skills, resume writing, and networking are currently available. Register online.
- Free online computer tutorials from the basics to more advanced topics. Includes tutorials for Microsoft, Apple, social media and more.
- Virtual Employment Workshops
- Free online workshops on resumes, interviewing, soft skills, and basic computer and Internet use. Developed by staff of the Adult and Dislocated Worker program at Columbia Gorge Community College.
- 27 guided lessons to learn step-by-step from the beginning. Free registration, but you will need an email address to register on this site.
- Online free touch typing program, keyboard tutor, and free typing games.
- Bend Bulletin
- Limited listings of local jobs from the Bend Bulletin, the Redmond Spokesman, and the Central Oregon Nickel Ads.
- Local job listings and free resume registration.
- Craigslist – Bend – Jobs
- Popular site with job listings for the Central Oregon area. To search for jobs in other regions, begin at the main Craigslist site.
- WorkSource Oregon – Find a Job
- Search for jobs in Oregon plus other job seeking information. Central Oregon offices are located in Bend (541-388-6070) and Redmond (541-548-8196). For additional employment information try the Oregon Employment Department’s web site.
- The number one job site in the world. Offers access to millions of jobs from thousands of company web sites and job boards.
- Most, but not all, Federal job vacancies are listed here. To find additional job listings, use the Government Links page at FedWorld.gov to locate individual agency sites and position vacancies.
Library Services & Resources
- Book a Librarian
- Get help with your resume and career research.
- Computer classes and online tutorials for updating your skills.
- Mango Languages
- Update your language skills with this resource. Download the app and take it with you!
Page Last Modified Tuesday, January 5, 2021