Health, medical and wellness information for the consumer and researcher. The resources presented here are intended for informational purposes and do not replace the advice of a medical professional.
- MedlinePlus is a service of the US National Library of Medicine and the National Institutes of Health. This site offers
a wealth of health-related information.
- Consumer health information and health databases produced by government agencies, nonprofit organizations, and universities.
Current medical news.
- MedlinePlus Drug, Herb, and Supplement Information
- Information from the American Society of Health-System Pharmacists’ MedMaster and the U.S. Pharmacopoeia for thousands of
prescription and over-the-counter drugs, herbs, and supplements.
- Mayo Clinic Drugs and Supplements Information
- Information provided by the health practitioners at Mayo Clinic on thousands of drugs, as well as herbs, vitamins, and supplements.
- U.S. Food and Drug Administration
- This agency regulates food, drugs, medical devices, cosmetics, and radiation-emitting products. Check here for safety alerts,
product approvals, and FDA news and regulations.
- Oregon Medical Board
- Look here for physicians who are licensed to practice in Oregon, records of complaints, etc.
- AMA DoctorFinder
- Gives education, certifications, awards, and current practice information for members of the American Medical Association
and basic information for non-members.
- Certification Matters
- Find out if your doctor is board-certified on this free website produced by a non-profit organization. Searches the registration
of 24 ABMS (American Board of Medical Specialties) boards.
- American Hospital Directory
- A private company’s web site that offers federally-collected statistical measures of a hospital’s service.
- Nursing Home Compare
- Information about the past performance of all Medicare and Medicaid certified nursing homes.
- National Hospice and Palliative Care Organization
- Information about hospice care, plus a searchable directory of hospice programs.
- St. Charles Medical Center
- Find out about services, classes, and support groups at St. Charles.
- Deschutes County Health Department
- Public health services provided by this agency include family planning, child health care, support for pregnant women and
teen parents, immunizations, and communicable disease control.
- Central Oregon Health Data
- A data resource that supports community efforts toward improving health by providing a central source of quality information about Central Oregon.
- A.D.A.M. Medical Encyclopedia
- Articles on diseases, injuries, symptoms, tests, and surgical procedures.
- Health on the Net Foundation (HON)
- An international nonprofit that provides a search tools for finding reliable health information online and sets ethical
standards for web sites that offer medical information. Sites displaying the HONcode symbol subscribe to principles that
include displaying qualifications to give medical advice, a clear statement of sponsorship/funding, and respect for the
privacy of visitors to the site.
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC)
- Source for information about contagious diseases and other public health topics, and U.S. disease and health statistics.
It also addresses environmental health and occupational health concerns, and issues traveler’s health advisories.
- A searchable database of current clinical research studies. Includes questions to ask when deciding to participate in a
- The President’s Council on Fitness, Sports, and Nutrition. Promotes programs and initiatives that motivate people of all
ages, backgrounds, and abilities to lead active, healthy lives.
- Separate sections are written for parents, for kids, and for teens.
Page Last Modified Wednesday, June 23, 2021