Learn all about herbs and spices in this cooking class.This is an in-person program. Registration is required. Masks are recommended at all in-person library events.
This Herb and Spice Primer will cover:
‣ Flavor families from different cuisines
‣ The 5 flavors our tongue recognizes
‣ How to buy, store and substitute fresh for dried herbs and spices
‣ Guidelines when using a pinch vs a teaspoon
‣ Stocking the pantry with a basic spice list that everyone should have.
We will enjoy some samples of dishes using fresh herbs and spices. Handouts and recipes included.
Suzanne Landry is a Celebrity Chef, Wellness Educator and author of The Passionate Vegetable and Fresh Food Matters. Suzanne has over thirty five years' experience as a culinary instructor, educator, and industry consultant, and has inspired many people toward a healthier lifestyle.
She was the founder and director of Nature's Table Cooking School and Catering Company. Working for the renowned Issels Medical Center, she developed the nutrition education program for their cancer patients. She developed new food products for Nabisco Foods, Spice Hunter and Fantastic Foods.
She currently offers public cooking classes and private cooking parties, catering and farmer market tours. Learn more at http://www.suzannelandry.com/