If you live in Deschutes County,
Apply in-person at one of our Libraries. Go to “Requirements” to find out what you need to bring with you to get instant access to all Library resources
Apply online and the Library will mail you a Library card.
Library Card Requirements
Library Cards are issued upon completing the application. Guidelines to receive a library card are listed below. Children's cards require a parent or guardian’s signature.
Both photo ID and proof of residency in Deschutes County are required to get a library card
- A valid photo ID includes photo with name such as:
- Driver’s license (only item needed if it is an Oregon license with current address in Deschutes County)
- State identification card
- Military ID
- Costco card
- Any of the following documents (paper or digital) can be used to provide a current Deschutes County address needed for proof of residency. Name of individual applying for card must be on the document.
- Oregon Driver’s license with current Deschutes County address
- Current utility bill in applicant's name
- Motor vehicle registration
- Imprinted checks
- Fishing and/or hunting license
- Lease/rental agreement
- Deed to real property
- Property tax statement
- Personal mail with physical address postmarked within 30 days
Youth Under 17
For those under the age of 17, a parent or legal guardian’s signature is required on the Library card application. By filling out the appropriate information and signing the application, the parent or guardian is responsible for:
- All materials checked out on the Library card
- Deciding what materials are appropriate for their children
- Allowing the use and type of Internet access (filtered or nonfiltered)while in the Library
Non-Resident Library Cards
Library cards are available to those who do not have a permanent address in Deschutes County. These cards are available on a yearly, quarterly or monthly basis.
A non-resident card entitles users to the same privileges as a resident library cardholder except where due to contractual reasons, access to databases or applications is unavailable.
Non-Resident Yearly - $195
Non-Resident Quarterly - $55
Non-Resident Monthly - $20
Lost Library card / Replacement card
If you’ve lost or misplaced your library card, please notify library staff as soon as possible (Library phone numbers and hours ).
A replacement card is available from your local library at no charge. Please be sure to bring photo identification. If you are under the age of 17 and don’t have a photo ID, your parent or guardian will need to be present and present their photo ID.