This is a live, interactive meeting. Click here to register for the meeting https://zoom.us/meeting/register/tJYqd-Cgpz4iGNQf6A1DgNEBZ9SqUx12vH-x
or click "Register Here" above.
Participants are invited to share their videos. This meeting will not be recorded.
Join us for this virtual session to learn the ins and outs of High Desert survival.
Here in Central Oregon, we are fortunate to live in a unique, high desert environment with lots of variety! We have mountains, flatlands, lakes, streams, rivers, and caves. Temperatures range from -30*F to +110*F, the mountains usually get 30+ feet of snow per winter, and winds are regularly clocked at over 100 mph on our high peaks. If you enjoy spending time outdoors, you need to be prepared for a wide range of conditions any time of the year. Join us for this virtual session where we will talk about how to:
* Keep from getting lost
* Get found when you do get lost (cuz it happens to everyone!)
* Deal with backcountry medical emergencies
* Prevent or recover from being very cold or very hot
* Learn from your outdoor mistakes (cuz we all make them!)
* Get more information on these topics
This will be an interactive format to give people an opportunity to share adventures, successes, questions, and concerns if they wish to participate.
After retiring from paid work a few years ago, Ed Weiser now considers himself a "Professional Volunteer". He donates his time to
* SCORE as a small business mentor
* Discover Your Forest as an interpretive ranger
* Search And Rescue as a Wilderness EMT and helicopter searcher
* Meetup as a day hike leader
In his spare time he likes to run, kayak, ski, backpack, and help his grandkids get into just a little bit of trouble.