Check out a museum pass from the library, use it within a week, and get free admission for up to four people.
Frequently Asked Questions
- How do I check out a museum pass?
- Ask at the checkout desk to see if a museum pass is available for checkout.
Museum passes can be checked out for one week.
You may use it once during that one week period.
- Hold on to your receipt—that’s proof you checked out a pass! Library staff will keep the actual pass at the library so you
don’t have to return it.
- Show your library receipt to gain entrance. Museum employees will take the receipt.
- The due date on your receipt is the last day that you may use the pass, and it cannot be renewed.
- The pass automatically expires and is taken off your record after a week. No need to return it to the library.
- How many people can get in using a museum pass?
- The pass is good for free admission for up to four individuals regardless
- What happens if I lose my receipt for a museum pass?
- Unfortunately, we cannot reprint a new receipt for you.
- Do I have to return my receipt to the library?
- No. The receipt will be taken by museum staff at the entrance. You will not
have to return your receipt to the library
- How old do I have to be to check out a museum pass?
- You must be 17 or older.
- Can I place a hold on a museum pass?
- Museum passes are first come, first served. The museum pass is library specific:
you must be physically present at the library
to check out a museum pass.
- Why are there only a limited amount of museum passes available for
checkout at my library?
- Museum passes have been generously donated to the Deschutes Public Library.
Passes have been distributed throughout all
six Deschutes Public Libraries.
- I live outside of Deschutes County but I have a Deschutes Public
Library card. Can I still check out a pass?
- No. Passes are available only to Deschutes County residents with valid Deschutes
Public Library cards.
- Is a museum pass good at any other museums?
- The pass is good at the museum listed on your library receipt.
- Where can I go if I have more questions about the Deschutes Public
Library’s museum passes?
- Deschutes Public Library: 541-617-7050
- The High Desert Museum: 541-382-4754
- Sunriver Nature Center: 541-593-4394
- Oregon Observatory: 541-598-4406
- Deschutes Historical Museum: 541-389-1813