Get Ready to Vote in Deschutes County
Date Posted: 9/29/2020
- Oct. 13 – last day to register before the Nov. 3 election
- Oct. 27 – last day to mail ballots (as recommended by USPS)
- Nov. 3 – last day to drop ballots in ballot drop boxes (must be received by 8 p.m.)
In Oregon, elections are run at the state level by the Secretary of State and at the county level by the Deschutes County Clerk.
Register to Vote
You have until October 13 to register to vote in the Nov. 3 election. If you have already registered in Oregon, you do not need to re-register.
If you are currently registered and have been displaced by wildfires, you only need to update your mailing address whether your physical address is still standing or not. You can use these options if necessary:
- General Delivery at a USPS
- County Clerk’s office
You can make the change on the My Vote site: https://secure.sos.state.or.us/orestar/vr/showVoterSearch.do?lang=eng&source=SOS
Learn about Candidates and Issues
Ballots are mailed to out-of-state residents on Oct. 5. In-state residents should receive ballots between Oct. 7 and Oct. 9.
- If you don’t receive your ballot by Oct. 14, or if your ballot is spoiled or damaged contact the County Clerk’s office at: (541) 388-6547
- Make your selection by filling in the oval next to your choice with blue or black ink.
- Be sure to sign your return envelope! This serves as your identification.
- Mail your ballot early and by Oct. 27 at the latest.
- Or drop off your ballot at an official Ballot Drop Box by 8 p.m. on Nov. 3: https://www.deschutes.org/clerk/page/ballot-drop-box-locations
Resources in Spanish / Recursos en español