Using Your Library This Week
Posted By: Tina Walker Davis
Date Posted: 11/30/2020
Week of NOVEMBER 30, 2020
Libraries hours are:
- Downtown Bend Library, East Bend Library, Redmond Library: Monday–Saturday, 9:00 a.m.–6:00 p.m. (9:00-10:00 a.m. are special hours designated for people ages 60+ and immunocompromised individuals)
- La Pine Library, Sisters Library, Sunriver Library: Tuesday–Saturday, 10:00 a.m.–6:00 p.m.
In light of Governor Brown's recent mandates, the following changes to operations are in effect:
- Building occupancy in public spaces—reduced in June from normal levels to allow for physical distancing—will be further reduced by 50-percent
- Customer visits will be shortened from a maximum of two hours to 30 minutes
- No public seating is available, except for when using a public computer for up to 30 minutes
- Compliant face coverings required at all times with no exceptions, with an immediate 30-day exclusion for non-compliance
- Customers are asked to use hand sanitizer (available in all library locations) when entering and exiting libraries
- Library volunteers will not be in Library buildings during this time
- Staff who can work remotely will work from home so as to further decrease the number of people in all buildings
Social distancing and public health and safety measures are in place in all library locations:
- Face coverings are required for staff and customers over the age of five. If you cannot wear a mask for medical reasons, please contact us so that we may work with you to make reasonable accommodations.
- A limited number of people at a time are allowed in buildings to ensure proper social distancing.
- A limited numbers of computers are available for public use; same-day reservations can be made but are not required.
- Printing and copying are available at no cost; faxing/scanning is also available free of charge.
- Services such as Homeword Bound, interlibrary loans (ILLs), and obituary research are now available.
- Meeting rooms and children’s play areas (early learning spaces) are not available.
Physical books and DVDs can be returned 24/7 via exterior book drops at all libraries. All returned materials are held in quarantine for 24 hours prior to being checked in. Your item(s) will not be late due to being held in quarantine, and Deschutes Public Library does not impose late fines for overdue materials. If you returned an item and do not see its return reflected on your account after 4 business days, please contact us at (541) 617-7050 for a shelf check. Items not returned by 21 days after their due date will be considered lost, and customers are responsible for replacement costs.
You can apply for a library card. Deschutes County residents 17 and older can apply online here by clicking on “Pre-apply online.” For children ages 16 and younger, parents/guardians can also apply online for a library card for the child using the same link. We will process applications online and get a card number to you via email within three business days.
You can access eBooks as well as digital audio books, magazines, movies, music, and more without having to visit your library. Learn more about digital resources here, and find helpful guides here that will help you use these resources.
You can Book-A-Librarian for help with research. You will be connected with a DPL librarian who can answer your questions via email, phone, or Zoom. Get started here.
We are here to help. If you have questions, call (541) 617-7050 during open hours.