REQUEST FOR PROPOSALS - Library Facilities Capital Planning Services
Posted By: Todd Dunkelberg
Date Posted: 1/24/2018
Deschutes Public Library District (hereinafter referred to as “DPL”) is requesting proposals for the creation of a Facilities Capital Plan that will meet the needs of library district residents for the next five to 20 years. The goal is to plan for library buildings that are appropriately sized, strategically located, designed for flexibility, and responsive to each community. The short-term plan should include recommendations for current buildings, while the long-term plan would include an analysis of potential new and/or re-sited facilities.
The final plan will:
- demonstrate the library’s aspirational place and relevance for Deschutes County residents;
- reflect extensive community conversations with community leaders, the general public and input from staff;
- identify the areas of greatest need and opportunity;
- incorporate best practices in the recommendation of sustainable design and building operations;
- display a knowledge of the latest trends, innovations and thinking in regards to public library design, both nationally and globally; and
- provide a prioritized roadmap for future library capital building projects.
This RFP, including contract terms, conditions and specifications, may be obtained from Todd Dunkelberg at firstname.lastname@example.org and shall be available for review at the 501 NW Wall St, Bend, OR 97703, beginning January 24 until closing. PDF versions of proposals must be emailed to Todd Dunkelberg at email@example.com. No proposals will be received after closing.
The deadline to submit proposals is 3:59 pm PST on February 21, 2018. Proposals will be opened directly after 4:00 p.m. PST on February 21, 2018. Per DPL Rule 137-047-0300(3)(d), no prequalification for proposers is required. Selection committee members may not be contacted or solicited.
PUBLISH: January 24, 2018, www.deschuteslibrary.org, librarybids.com
DATED this January 24, 2018.
DESCHUTES PUBLIC LIBRARY, BEND OREGON