Sisters Library Updates & Using Curbside
Posted By: Tina Walker Davis
Date Posted: 1/25/2024
We are excited to share that the Sisters Library is now open again to the public following a temporary closure due to water damage from a burst pipe. Note that work is still underway in the children’s area and community room. These sections of the library will remain closed to allow repairs to continue, which means there may be some elevated noise at times while that work takes place, but we’re happy to welcome you back into the library!
Regular hours at the Sisters Library: Tuesday–Saturday, 10:00 a.m.–6:00 p.m.
Crews are working hard so that we can reopen the children’s area and community room as soon as possible. We apologize for the inconvenience and thank you for your patience during this time. We cannot wait to see you again in the Sisters Library!
We are also offering curbside service for those customer who would like to pick up their holds without entering the library. Curbside services is available during normal operating hours, which are Tuesday through Saturday, 10:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m. Here's how to use Curbside at the Sisters Library:
- Reserve items through the Library’s online catalog at https://dpl.bibliocommons.com/. Once your items are ready for pick up, head to the library.
- Park in a designated Curbside Service space in front of the library.
- Text ‘hold’ to the number on the sign to tell staff you’re there and are ready to pick up your items.
- You will be asked to provide your full name, followed by a text asking for your library card number.
- Staff will text back acknowledging your request.
- Sit tight and wait for staff to retrieve your materials. As soon as they have them in hand they will deliver them to your car. Please pop your trunk if you have one, or open the door to the back seat. Items will be placed in your car for you. Please be patient; while it can be a fairly quick process, it can take up to 10 minutes depending on staff workload in the library.
- Beep-beep! Enjoy your items. To return your materials, please drop them off at any Deschutes Public Library location. All exterior drop boxes are open. Staff cannot take your returned materials from you when you are picking up items.