Use Your Library from Anywhere
Posted By: Tina Walker Davis
Date Posted: 3/14/2020
Staycation suddenly in your plans? Remember that your library card gives you FREE access to books, movies, music, magazines and more—all from home or wherever you are with internet access. Now is the perfect time to learn more about the resources we offer you online: streaming movies and television shows, eBooks and audio books, magazines, comics and graphic novels, and more.
READ. Check out eBooks with OverDrive, Libby, and Hoopla. If you’re looking for comics and graphic novels, Hoopla is a great resource. More information here.
WATCH. Stream movies, documentaries, and television series with Hoopla and Kanopy. More information here.
LISTEN. Whether you’re on the road or on the sofa, we have digital audio books available with Hoopla, Libby, and OverDrive, and music through Hoopla. More information here.
- We livestream many presentations and lectures via Facebook Live, and they’re archived on our Facebook page for viewing later. Visit our video page on Facebook.
- We also have story time videos for kids available on our website here, and additional librarian-led interactive rhyming videos on our YouTube channel.
- Don’t miss the early literacy resources available on our DPL Kids page.
- Looking to get crafty at home? Creativebug offers thousands of classes and workshops—from art journaling and watercolor painting, to knitting and sewing.
- Gale Courses offers a wide range of highly interactive, instructor-led courses that you can take entirely online.
- It’s a great time to learn a new language! Check out Mango Languages for conversation and film-based digital resources help you learn over 70 languages (including English) from just about anywhere.
- We have databases galore! Whether it’s for homework, researching a family tree, or for taking a deep dive into history, don’t miss the dozens on online databases available to you.