The Second Annual Pumpkin Decorating Contest!
Posted By: Tina Walker Davis
Date Posted: 10/2/2018
Get into fall by decorating a pumpkin as one of your favorite book characters! It’s easy and fun for the whole family. Decorated pumpkins will be on display in our libraries October 16–November 1, 2018.
- October 12–16: Deliver your pumpkin, decorated as a book character, with a completed entry form to any Deschutes Public Library location during regular hours. Entry forms may be picked up at your library. No late entries accepted.
- October 20–30: Vote for your favorite pumpkin in the library or on Facebook.
- October 31: Winners announced at 11:00 a.m. (The winner receives a library swag bag.)
- November 3: Retrieve your pumpkin by 5:00 p.m. (Remaining are discarded.)
- Objects, paper, and materials of any kind may be pinned or glued to pumpkins. Participants may also draw or paint on pumpkins.
- Pumpkins may NOT be carved, cut, or hollowed out.
- No candles, electrical devices, or vulgarity of any kind are permitted.
- Complete both halves of the entry form. Entry forms may be picked up at your library.
- Retrieve your pumpkin by 5:00 p.m. on Saturday, November 3.
- One entry per person.
Page Last Modified Wednesday, April 18, 2018