Book Character Pumpkin Decorating Contest
Posted By: Tina Walker Davis
Date Posted: 9/29/2017
Pumpkins are now on display in the libraries. You can view them in person, or view them and vote for your favorite online here. One vote per person, please.
Get into fall by decorating a pumpkin as one of your favorite book characters. It’s easy and fun for the whole family. Decorated pumpkins will be on display in the libraries October 16 through November 1.
- Pumpkins must be delivered with completed entry form to your nearest Deschutes Public Library during regular business hours October 13, 14, 15, or 16. No late entries accepted.
- Objects, paper, and materials of any kind may be pinned or glued to pumpkins. Participants may also draw or paint on pumpkins.
- Pumpkins may not be carved, cut, or hollowed out.
- No candles, electrical devices, or vulgarity of any kind are permitted.
- Complete both halves of the entry form.
- Retrieve your pumpkin by 5:00 p.m. on Friday, November 3.
- One entry per person.
October 13-16: Pumpkin submissions accepted at local libraries; don't forget your entry form.
October 20-30: Vote for your favorite pumpkin.
October 31: Winners announced at 11:00 a.m.; winners receive a library swag bag.
November 3: Retrieve your pumpkin by 5:00 p.m.; remaining pumpkins will be discarded.
Page Last Modified Wednesday, April 18, 2018