Book Character Pumpkin Decorating Contest
Posted By: Tina Walker Davis
Date Posted: 9/29/2017
Get into fall by decorating a pumpkin as one of your favorite book characters. It’s easy and fun for the whole family. Decorated pumpkins will be on display in the libraries October 16 through November 1.
- Pumpkins must be delivered with completed entry form to your nearest Deschutes Public Library during regular business hours October 13, 14, 15, or 16. No late entries accepted.
- Objects, paper, and materials of any kind may be pinned or glued to pumpkins. Participants may also draw or paint on pumpkins.
- Pumpkins may not be carved, cut, or hollowed out.
- No candles, electrical devices, or vulgarity of any kind are permitted.
- Complete both halves of the entry form.
- Retrieve your pumpkin by 5:00 p.m. on Friday, November 3.
- One entry per person.
October 13-16: Pumpkin submissions accepted at local libraries; don't forget your entry form.
October 20-30: Vote for your favorite pumpkin in the library or on Facebook.
October 31: Winners announced at 11:00 a.m.; winners receive a library swag bag.
November 3: Retrieve your pumpkin by 5:00 p.m.; remaining pumpkins will be discarded.
Page Last Modified Monday, August 28, 2017