The Board will ensure that vacancies for the Board Budget Committee are filled in a timely manner and with equitable geographic representation to the degree possible.
- The Budget Committee consists of the Deschutes Public Library Board plus an equal number of appointed electors.
- “Electors” are registered voters in the district.
- Electors cannot be officers, agents or employees of the District.
- Electors are appointed for staggered 3-year terms.
- All members of the Budget Committee have the same authority.
- At the direction of the Board president, the Director shall publicly advertise district-wide for applicants for vacant positions.
- The Board shall accept and review written applications from prospective Budget Committee members. Recent past committee members may submit a letter of interest in lieu of application.
- The Board may review applications and select which applicants to interview.
- The Board may interview applicants.
- The Board shall fill the vacant positions by appointment by a majority vote of the Board.
- 11. If no suitable applicants are identified, the committee could have less than the 10 members but no fewer than six (quorum).
Budget Committee’s Duties:
- Receive and review the budget document.
- Hear the budget message.
- Hear and consider public comment.
- Request and receive additional information as needed.
- Discuss and revise the budget as needed.
- Approve the budget.
- Approve the property tax rate.
Applications due by 4 p.m. Friday, March 31, 2022.
*Indicates a required field.
Page Last Modified Wednesday, March 8, 2023