Technology at the Library: ~
The Deschutes Public Library offers access to copiers and laser printers for computer users.
- Printing/copying is available at a cost of $.05 per black & white page and $.25 per color page.
- Scanning is available free of charge.
- Faxing is a available free of charge.
- Use Mobile Printing to send
a print job from your device to our printers.
Log in to the computers at any branch with your library card number and PIN/password, or purchase an access card for $1 (access
card comes with a $0.50 printing credit and is good for multi-day use). With either a library card or an access card, you
can access our computers for up to three hours each day.
All library computer stations feature:
- All-in-one desktop computers running Windows 7.
- Microsoft Office 10 Suite including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Publisher, and Picture Manager.
- Browsers to access the internet, including Google Chrome, Internet Explorer, and Mozilla Firefox.
- Windows Media Player
- Google Earth
Additionally, there are children’s story time stations at each branch featuring age-appropriate games and activities.
Wireless Internet Access
All library locations offer free wireless access (Wi-Fi) in public areas at all times the libraries are open.
- You must have a computer or other device equipped with a compatible wireless card.
- Using your computer's network utilities, look for the wireless network named "publiclibrary."
- The Deschutes Public Library System uses the Wi-Fi standard (also known as IEEE 802.11b and 802.11g). These standards provide
up to 54 megabits/second connection speed. Speed may vary by location and number of active wireless users.
Page Last Modified Tuesday, January 31, 2017