A guide to library resources and other websites that can help students with assignments and homework.
- Biography in Context (middle and high school)
- A comprehensive database of biographical information on more than 180,000 people from throughout history,
around the world, and across all disciplines and subject areas.
- Gale Virtual Reference Library (middle and high school)
- The Virtual Reference Library is a multidisciplinary collection of encyclopedias, dictionaries, and other
specialized reference sources available to you from home, school or work.
- GREENR (high school)
- An online resource that offers authoritative content on the development of emerging green technologies and
discusses issues on the environment, sustainability, and more.
- Kids InfoBits (elementary)
- A multidisciplinary resource developed especially for beginning researchers in Kindergarten through Grade
- Learning Express Library (middle and high school)
- Access a comprehensive, interactive online learning platform of practice tests and tutorial courses.
- National Geographic Kids (elementary)
- Go on amazing adventures in science, nature, cultures, and space.
- Opposing Viewpoints in Context (middle and high school)
- The premier resource covering today’s hottest social issues, from Terrorism to Endangered Species, Stem Cell
Research to Gun Control.
- Research in Context (middle school)
- Age-appropriate videos, newspapers, magazines, primary sources, and much more for students working on assignments
in core subjects including literature, science, social studies, and history.
- Student Resources in Context (high school)
- This premium resource covers all core curriculum areas, including history, literature, science, social studies,
- U.S. History in Context (middle and high school)
- A complete overview of U.S. history that covers the most-studied events, issues, and current information.
Local School Assignments
- Fact Monster
- An entire almanac on-line, with statistics, facts, general knowledge, and more. Search by keyword or by general topic.
- Age-appropriate resources from the government agencies on a wide range of topics.
- Great Web Sites for Kids
- The American Library Association's list of excellent sites for kids.
- The Oregon Encyclopedia
- A comprehensive and authoritative compendium of information about Oregon's history and culture.
Chat with a Librarian
Page Last Modified Tuesday, January 3, 2017