Why don't you have the eBook or audio book version of a title
I'd like to read or listen to?
Not all eBooks or audio books are available for purchase by libraries because some
of the largest publishers have chosen not to sell eBooks or audio books to libraries.
If you don't see a popular or best selling title in our Digital Downloads, it isn't
because we've overlooked it. The eBook or audio book
isn't there because we are unable to purchase it.
View the American Library Association's "E-books
and Libraries FAQ" (http://www.ala.org/transforminglibraries/frequently-asked-questions-e-books-us-libraries) for more information about the largest publishers, some of
the authors they represent, and whether or not they sell eBooks to libraries.
What are libraries doing about it?
What can you do about it?
- We've voiced our concerns with our vendors and the publishers.
- Groups like the American Library Association have met with the largest publishers
and advocated for fair access to eBooks for libraries.
Publisher Contact Information
- If you don't see an eBook or audio book in our Digital Downloads collection. Fill
out a purchase suggestion online.
- If the library is unable to purchase that title, we'll let you know.
- Contact the publisher and let them know you'd like to be able to check out that
digital title from the library.
(Contact Information for the Largest Publishers
Hachette Book Group (Grand Central; Little, Brown)
237 Park Ave
New York, NY 10017
David Young, CEO
Phone: (212) 364-1200
10 East 53rd Street
New York, NY 10022
175 Fifth Avenue
New York, NY 10010
John Sargent, CEO
375 Hudson Street
New York, NY 10014
David Shanks, CEO
Susan Petersen Kennedy, President
email: firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com
Random House, Inc.
New York, NY 10019
Simon & Schuster, Inc.
1230 Avenue of the Americas
New York, NY 10020
Carolyn Reidy, president and CEO