View Opposing Viewpoints
in Context is the premier database covering today’s hottest social issues, from
Terrorism to Endangered Species, Stem Cell Research to Gun Control.
Opposing Viewpoints in Context helps students develop critical-thinking and information
literacy skills by bringing together a variety of information on social issues.
Opposing Viewpoints in Context helps students research, analyze and organize a broad
variety of data for conducting research, completing writing assignments, preparing
for debates, creating presentations and more. Content and curriculum-focused tools
- More than 9,100 pro and con viewpoint articles
- Nearly 5,000 topic overviews
- More than 300 primary source documents
- 300 biographies of social activists and reformers
- More than 775 court-case overviews
- 334 profiles of federal agencies and special interest groups