Deschutes Public Library News
Occupational Therapist and Three Year Breast Cancer Survivor Leads Breast Health Discussion
Posted By: Lisa McGean
Date Posted: 1/10/2008
Lizzi Katz of St. Charles Medical Center will give a free, comprehensive, breast health class at several branches during the month of January:
Redmond Public Library: Tuesday, January 15th at 1:00 pm
Sunriver Area Public Library: Tuesday, January 22nd, 1:00 pm
Bend Public Library, Brooks Room: Monday, January 28th, 6:30 pm
La Pine Public Library: Tuesday, January 29th, 1:00 pm
Come join a discussion and learn:
1. How to identify your personal risk factors for breast cancer and strategies to lower your risk.
2. How to plan your best early detection program.
3. Learn the latest receommendations for breast exams.
4. When to schedule your clinical exam and mammograms.
5. How early detection saves lives!
Lizzi Katz is an occupational therapy assistant and is the breast health educator for the Sara Fisher Project at St. Charles Medical Center. She is also an artist, a mom, and a three year breast cancer survivor!
For more information about these programs, please call 541-312-1034.