Share Your Family Civil War Story
Do you have a family Civil War story? We want to hear it! The guidelines below explain
the requirements for submitting your story. Once you've read the guidelines, scroll
down to add you story.
What to Avoid:
- Please sign your review with your first name or first and last initials only.
- Only post content that you have the right to use and post.
- Your story will be approved by District staff prior to its appearing on the story
board. The District reserves the right to edit and modify any story submitted to
it. Only selected stories will be posted. Stories in violation of these Guidelines
will not be posted. Further, the District reserves the right to remove any posted
- Full name, contact information, or any other personally identifiable information.
The District discourages the posting of such information given the risks associated
with such information being on a Web site accessible by the general public.
- Information about speaker's tours, lectures, etc.
- Profanity, obscenities, sexually explicit, libelous, offensive, harassing, abusive,
or spiteful material.
- Phone numbers, web sites, mail addresses, emails, hyperlinks, or URLs.
- Using the story board as a forum to promote your own work.
- Sales, advertising, or promotional information.
- Posting any content that violates another’s intellectual property rights.
Posting is at the sole discretion of the Deschutes Public Library District (District).
Stories may not necessarily reflect the opinions of the District. Stories may be
deleted by the District at any time for any reason.
All submitted stories are subject to the
Internet Access Rules