The Deschutes Public Library, High Desert Museum, Sunriver Nature Center, and the Oregon Observatory are excited to bring you museum passes from the library, good for free admission for up to four people.
Note - The Oregon Observatory is closed for the winter. Passes will be available again in March.
Frequently Asked Questions
- How do I check out a museum pass?
- Ask at the checkout desk to see if a museum pass is available for checkout. Museum passes can be checked out for one week. You may use it once during that one week period.
- Hold on to your receipt—that’s proof you checked out a pass! Library staff will keep the actual pass at the library so you don’t have to return it.
- Show your library receipt to gain entrance. Museum employees will take the receipt.
- The due date on your receipt is the last day that you may use the pass, and it cannot be renewed.
- The pass automatically expires and is taken off your record after a week. No need to return it to the library.
- How many people can get in using a museum pass?
- The pass is good for free admission for up to four individuals regardless of age.
- What happens if I lose my receipt for a museum pass?
- Unfortunately, we cannot reprint a new receipt for you.
- Do I have to return my receipt to the library?
- No. The receipt will be taken by museum staff at the entrance. You will not have to return your receipt to the library
- How old do I have to be to check out a museum pass?
- You must be 17 or older.
- Can I place a hold on a museum pass?
- Museum passes are first come, first served. The museum pass is library specific: you must be physically present at the library to check out a museum pass.
- Why are there only a limited amount of museum passes available for checkout at my library?
- Museum passes have been generously donated to the Deschutes Public Library. Passes have been distributed throughout all six Deschutes Public Libraries.
- I live outside of Deschutes County but I have a Deschutes Public Library card. Can I still check out a pass?
- No. Passes are available only to Deschutes County residents with valid Deschutes Public Library cards.
- Is a museum pass good at any other museums?
- The pass is good at the museum listed on your library receipt.
- Where can I go if I have more questions about the Deschutes Public Library’s museum passes?
- Deschutes Public Library: 541-617-7050
- The High Desert Museum: 541-382-4754
- Sunriver Nature Center: 541-593-4394
- Sunriver Observatory: 541-598-4406