If you have an hour or two a week to spare, and you can commit to at least 4-6 months, Deschutes Public Library can put
you to work at your local library.
Want to Know?
- How DPL gets over 2 million items circulated in a year?
- How the latest technologies work in a library setting?
- What it feels like to be a part of a fun and community minded group?
Want to Serve?
- Shelve books
- Assist customers
- Provide clerical support
- Pull customer requests
- Select books for home bound customers
- Maintain the CD/DVD collection
- Support summer reading programs
After your application is reviewed you will be contacted by your local library volunteer liaison to schedule a screening
interview where you will learn more about the library and volunteering.
If you have any questions, please take a look at the FAQ first, then feel free to direct
Judy England - District Volunteer Coordinator
Deschutes Public Library
507 NW Wall St.
Bend, OR 97703
Volunteers enrich our library in many ways. They bring enthusiasm, added talent, and fresh perspective
to the library. Volunteers contribute to sound working relationships with recognized agencies as well as with community
groups and organizations. The countless hours of volunteer service represent not only a tremendous monetary value to our
libraries, but an immeasurable value in service to our local and global communities.
Volunteer Information Center login for current library